Thursday, January 29, 2009

Post 12 -- Follow-up Test

In case I don't get a chance tomorrow or over the weekend...

After every 2 chemo treatments, I will have some tests done, to chart or track the progress I'm making.

Tomorrow I will have a CT Scan done, and then Wednesday 2/4/09, I will get the results when I go visit Dr. Dan again.

I'm not sure exactly what the results will be, but visually things are looking GREAT!

This whole thing started because I had a rather large lump growing right where my neck met my chin/face on the side of my neck. That lump is all but gone. Visually you can't see it any more (it was quite noticeable before). The lymph nodes under my underarms are also gone, along with those in my groin area.

If you feel for the lymph nodes in the various areas, you can still tell they are all a little swollen, but I'm not at all bothered by that. They are decreasing in size, and at quite a dramatic rate -- at least as far as the wife and I are concerned.

I'm sure the results of the scans will show that I still have cancer, but the amount of cancer will be GREATLY decreased, and I'm only 1/3 through my treatments.

At this point, I would say things are VERY POSITIVE!

I'll post results next Wednesday. The next chemo treatment will be Friday (2/6/09).

That's all for now.

No comments: