Monday, January 5, 2009

Post 7 -- FLIPI Score

Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index or FLIPI. This basically gives you your survival rate -- statistically speaking.

Your FLIPI score is based on 5 factors:

- Age greater than 60 years? If yes, add 1
- Stage III or IV disease? If yes, add 1
- Elevated serum LDH? If yes, add 1
- ECOG/Zubrod performance status of 2, 3, or 4? If yes, add 1
- More than 1 extranodal site? If yes, then add 1

Your total points will then correlate to the following table:

0-1 adverse factor, 10-year survival of 70.7%.
2 adverse factors, 10-year survival of 51%.
3-5 adverse factors, 10-year survival of 35.5%.

My score is a 3.

I will be part of the 35.5%!

If I am not part of that 35.5%, the wife informs me that I'll be in BIG trouble. :-)

No comments: